Friday, April 10, 2009

Happy Good Friday!


I love Good Friday!  Like Pastor Steve says, this is his Christmas.  Like a kid gets excited for Christmas, I get excited for Good Friday, 'cuz I know that Sunday's coming, and Jesus won!  I hear people say things like, "If your God is going to send me to hell because (of this or that) then I don't want to believe in your God."  Or, "My uncle volunteers 4 times a week, works in an orphanage, and is the kindest person in the world.  If he's not going to heaven because he doesn't believe in your God, then I don't want to go to your heaven either."  I want to say to them that we all are going to hell, because we all have sinned against a holy (pure) God, and the price for that sin is death.  It's only because of today and Sunday that we have a chance at heaven.  

I pray that you feel the weight of your sin today.  I pray that you realize that you've screwed up (too many times to count) and that you don't deserve to come before a holy God.  And I pray that you thank Jesus everyday for paying the only price possible, for being the victim of the greatest sin of all time in order that you and I don't have to carry the weight of our sin any longer, but can look forward to eternity in heaven.  

Happy Good Friday and Easter!  Praise God!

No comments: